Bundesrepublik Deutschland, Berlin, Germany informed us on June 10, 2021 pursuant to Art. 43(1) WpHG thereby making reference to the exceedance of the threshold of 10% or a higher threshold from May 26, 2021 , as follows:
- The acquisition of voting rights in HENSOLDT AG on market terms serves the purpose of implementing and securing strategic objectives of the German Federal Government, inter alia, to protect the key technologies for the national security and defence industry as defined in the Federal Government's strategy paper for strengthening the security and defence industry of 12 February 2020.
- Currently, the parties subject to notification obligations do not intend to acquire further voting rights in HENSOLDT AG within the next twelve months.
- In accordance with their shareholding in HENSOLDT AG, the parties subject to notification obligations also intend to exert influence on the appointment of members to the administrative, executive and, above all, supervisory bodies of HENSOLDT AG. As long as the Federal Government is a shareholder of HENSOLDT AG, it is entitled under the articles of association to appoint one of the members attributable to the shareholders to the supervisory board. As long as Square Lux Holding II S.à r.l. is also a shareholder of HENSOLDT AG, the Federal Government's right of appointment shall be exercised jointly by the Federal Government and Square Lux Holding II S.à r.l. Pursuant to the articles of association of HENSOLDT AG, the Federal Government is also entitled to appoint another member attributable to the shareholders to the supervisory board as long as the Federal Government directly or indirectly holds shares amounting to at least 25.1 percent of the share capital of HENSOLDT AG.
- The parties subject to notification obligations do not seek any significant change in the capital structure of HENSOLDT AG, in particular with regard to the ratio of equity and debt financing and the dividend policy.
- The acquisition of voting rights by Kreditanstalt für Wiederaufbau (KfW) in HENSOLDT AG took place in the form of a transaction assigned to Kreditanstalt für Wiederaufbau by the Federal Government pursuant to section 2(4) of the KfW Act (KfW-Gesetz) and were financed through external funds of Kreditanstalt für Wiederaufbau.